Employment Opportunities at Petzl America
Become part of a dynamic team with a passion for outdoor adventure. Petzl offers great benefits including comprehensive medical/dental/life/disability coverage, generous paid time off policy, profit sharing plan, and a matching 401K plan.
For over 50 years, Petzl has been developing innovative tools and techniques used by those in the vertical world for recreational and professional pursuits. Today, the family-owned Petzl brand is closely associated with exploration, rescue, rock climbing and alpinism. Currently located in Clearfield, UT, Petzl will move in spring of 2014 to a new, state-of-the-art facility built from the ground up to represent the Petzl brand and help us further our mission. The facility will be LEED certified and include offices, warehouse, an employee bouldering wall, a 75-foot tall verticality training center, and more.
Applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (positions will remain open until filled). No phone calls please, you will be contacted if your skills, knowledge, and experience are among those most closely matching our needs. Recruiters’ calls will not be returned.
Petzl prefers applicants who include cover letters.
Click the job position for more info:
Petzl America is looking for a Technical Information Manager responsible for the development, delivery, and management of technical information for partner organizations, independent reps, and customers. The Technical Information Manager also: represents Petzl in the development process for North American standards, validates all english translation of technical documents, acts as a technical resource for product liability and risk management issues, and plays a key role in product recalls and safety alerts.
Skills and Requirements
- Expertise, demonstrable skills, and extensive experience related to techniques for rock climbing, mountaineering, vertical caving, canyoneering, technical rope rescue, industrial rope access, fall protection, and work positioning– over ten years of experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to clearly communicate solutions in both verbal and written formats.
- In-depth knowledge of equipment performance standards which address sport, work at height, technical rope rescue, and rope access markets in North America. Eg ANSI, NFPA, UIAA.
- Two or more of the following certifications: SPRAT, IRATA, AMGA, UIAGM, ACMG, ISA, NFPA 1006, NFPA 1670.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Technologically savvy and fluent in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with equally strong listening skills.
- Multilingual with preference for Spanish, and/or French an advantage.
- Extensive technical information development and communication experience including, but not limited to; development of instructions for use and/or standard operating procedures, equipment performance standard development, development and execution of mechanical test protocols, and/or guiding, training, or supervision of work in technical vertical terrain.
- Bachelors Degree ideally in technical writing, engineering, or related field.
The position is full-time salaried and reports to the Technical Director. Petzl America offers full benefits including: medical, dental, disability and life insurance; a generous paid time off program; holiday pay; a profit sharing plan; 401(k) benefits with company match; a company paid UTA Eco Pass; and a progressive workplace geared toward employee well-being and satisfaction. This job is currently based in Clearfield, Utah, and will move to Petzl’s new facility in West Valley in May 2014. Salary is commensurate with experience. Regular domestic and occasional international travel required.
Applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements, and a resume to email@example.com.
Petzl America’s IT Department is seeking an IT Support Specialist who will set up, monitor, and maintain server and network hardware and software, and provide end-user desktop and mobile device technical support, as well as write business reports.
- Provide front line Help Desk support
- Troubleshoot basic networking and connectivity issues
- Install, configure, and maintain Windows and Mac systems
- Generate business related reports
- Evaluate new hardware and software technologies
- Strong communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Effective network troubleshooting skills
- Ability to explain technical subject matter clearly and accurately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creativity, flexibility, professionalism, and determination
- Experience with databases, networks, and desktop operating systems
- Experience with cloud based software and administration: Google Apps, Salesforce, Spiceworks
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus: SQL Server, IBM AS400, Cognos Reporting
- Associate degree with an IT focus
- A+ Certification in current Microsoft products is a plus
- And/or equivalent combination of education and experience
The ideal candidate has some background in network systems, communications systems, data center operational support, desktop computing, help desk management, or related. This position can provide continuous learning and challenges in alignment with the candidate’s skill growth.
Position and Terms
The position is full time hourly, non-exempt and qualifies for benefits including: health, dental, life and disability insurance; a generous paid time off program; holiday pay; a profit sharing plan; 401(k) benefits; and a progressive workplace geared toward employee well-being and satisfaction. This job is currently based in Clearfield, Utah, and will move to Petzl’s new facility in West Valley in May 2014.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please.
---End of postings---