Employment Opportunities at Petzl America
Just some of the Petzl America staff and their families, celebrating the 2012 Outside Magazine "Best Places to Work" award.
Become part of a dynamic team with a passion for outdoor adventure. Petzl offers great benefits including comprehensive medical/dental/life/disability coverage, generous paid time off policy, profit sharing plan, and a matching 401K plan.
For over 50 years, Petzl has been developing innovative tools and techniques used by those in the vertical world for recreational and professional pursuits. Today, the family-owned Petzl brand is closely associated with exploration, rescue, rock climbing and alpinism. Our Clearfield, Utah headquarters is located 12 miles south of Ogden and 30 miles north of Salt Lake City, offering access to the beautiful Wasatch Front mountain range and year-round recreational opportunities.
Applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (positions will remain open until filled).
Click the job position for more info:
Petzl America is looking for a Sport Division Manager to focus on servicing and growing existing accounts, while also developing innovative sales and distribution programs that will lead to long-term sales growth and profitability.
- Develop and execute strategic sales and business plans
- Forecast sales, set pricing, plan and manage budgets
- Establish sales goals and projections, in units and dollars, for division and territories
- Design, communicate, and manage sales programs and promotions
- Identify sales trends and develop proactive strategies
- Research, prioritize, and establish new customers, markets, and distribution channels
- Create sales strategies and execute new product launches
- Recruit, develop, and manage Petzl America’s Outside Sales Rep team
- Manage, coach, and develop Sport Division employees
- Orchestrate trade shows and events for maximum impact
Skills and Requirements
- Possess strong knowledge of outdoor industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- 2-5 years in retail sales
- 5-8 years of outdoor industry sales management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Understand sales cycles, distribution operations, managing supply and demand conditions
- Active participant with demonstrated experience and knowledge of vertical activities (rock or alpine climbing, caving, etc.)
- Exceptional verbal communication, presentation, and writing skills
- Advanced technology and mobile device skills, including Excel, Word, Powerpoint (Salesforce.com a plus)
The preferred start date will be shortly after the beginning of 2014. The position is full-time salaried and reports to the Sales Director. The position qualifies for full benefits including: health, dental and disability insurance; a generous paid time off program; holiday pay; a profit sharing plan; 401(k) benefits; and a progressive workplace geared toward employee well-being and satisfaction. This job is currently based in Clearfield, Utah, and will move to West Valley mid-2014. Salary is commensurate with experience. Regular sales-related event travel required, including international.
Applicants should send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to email@example.com.
- Gauge customer credit risk and assess business opportunities
- Maintain excellent relationship and knowledge of Petzl Dealers
- Manage credit and collection processes and procedures
- Establish department goals and objectives
- Manage the Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist
- Maintain solid working relationship with Petzl America Sales representatives
- BS / BA in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years in commercial credit management
- Proven track record of working indedendently
- Experience working with an ERP System
- Sales Force or other customer relationship management software systems a plus
- Highly professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collections and negotiating skills
Skills and Requirements
- One year warehouse or distribution experience
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude
- Focus and attention to detail
- Demonstrated follow-up skills
- Ability to communicate
- Forklift certification a plus
Warehouse operations: receiving, picking, shipping, vendor compliance, materials handling, safety, and maintenance.
This is a full-time position. Petzl America offers great benefits including comprehensive medical/dental/life/disability coverage, generous paid time off, profit sharing plan, a matching 401K plan, and a company-paid UTA Eco Pass for Frontrunner, Trax, and bus transportation.
The ideal candidate will work in Clearfield, Utah, transitioning to the Salt Lake area when Petzl America moves to a new facility in 2014.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.