- 23 October 1992
- New York City
- Student, Columbia University
- Professional Rock Climber
I started climbing in 1999, after being introduced to the sport at a birthday party at a local climbing gym. With climbing, I love how you are in complete control of your own progression. I have a love-hate relationship with projecting a route. This projecting realm is also what I find unique and mentally challenging about the sport.
Acts of Freedom
Running, like climbing a long route, involves the same mindset of solitude in movement and mental freedom. I like this singleness, but I also love being social with friends and having a good time with others.
I love Spain, to both visit and to climb, and New York City to live! The Spanish culture is so amazing to me – I love the enthusiasm for climbing and the tranquil lifestyle. Some of the best sport climbs in the world reside in Spain and I enjoy trying to speak the language. The landscape is vast and beautiful. I love NYC because the energy in the air is palpable and there is constantly something happening. The city is full of life.
Sources of Inspiration
Every one of my friends has a certain quality that is unique and inspiring.
My Favorite Book
The Great Gatsby, for its rich depth of word choice and encouragement of dreams.
Smile and treat others the way you like to be treated. Appreciate others' values but hold true to your own morals.
- Era Vella, 9a (5.14d)
- Pure Imagination, 9a (5.14d)
- Two 8b+ (5.14a) onsights
Awards and designations
- 2012 Arco Rock Legend Award
- 2012 Golden Piton Award from Climbing Magazine: Breakaway Success
- Female Overall World Champion
- Silver Medalist at 2011 Bouldering World Championships
- Reigning US National and pan American Champion
- Undefeated Junior Continental Champion (2004-2010)
- Ambassador for Right to Play International and Outdoor Nation
- Female Outdoor Sport Climbing World Ranking Leader