If you are between the ages of 13 and 20 years old, interested in helping preserve the environment and want to have a once-in-a-lifetime adventure, the PANGAEA project is for you!
Applications for the next session of the Y.E.P. (Young Explorers Program) are now being accepted. The expedition takes place in October on an Indonesian island.
The YEP program goal is to encourage young explorers to experience and venture the world to express their emotions, ideas, experiences, and participate in various projects in biodiversity, water, humanitarian and social community.
- There are three objectives:
- Explore: young adults can participate in their own exploration with Mike Horn
- Learn: with the help of local people and specialists on the terrain
- Act: by engaging in clean-up and environmental projects with the PANGAEA Boat
- How can I join the expedition?
- You may register at www.yep.mikehorn.com until May 17, 2009.
- In late July/early August, 16 candidates will travel to Mike Horn’s Expedition Center in Switzerland for the final selection round.
- In October, a group of 12 young explorers will take part in the expedition on an Indonesian island
- Petzl, a partner of the Pangaea expedition
Petzl is supporting the terrific spirit of freedom and environmental awareness initiative of the YEP program by providing a certified mountain guide to accompany participants on the trip and also by providing all the technical equipment needed to travel through the difficult terrain encountered (glaciers, mountain, virgin forests, desert, etc).