Lightweight axe for ski mountaineering and light climbing
The 50 cm ultra-lightweight (340 g) SNOWRACER is the perfect choice for ski mountaineering, snowboarding steep chutes and fast and light climbing. Features the same pick and adze as the SNOWALKER for high performance use in snow and ice. The aluminum shaft with beveled tip is plugged to prevent snow build-up in the shaft.
- 4 mm toothed pick made of Charlet steel: durable, works well in both snow and ice
- Durable Charlet steel adze, contoured for hand comfort. Efficient for chopping steps.
- Head, adze and pick with cut-out profile for reduced weight
- Pick equipped with hole for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- High strength aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, the same used in aerospace industry) Anodized for corrosion protection
- Beveled spike, plugged to prevent snow build-up inside shaft