Belaying a climber
- VAX 026
Responsabilities and techniques.
- To remind the user of the responsibilities when belaying,
- To provide the skills, experiment and transmit appropriate belaying techniques,
- To propose a structured and modular session, dedicated to belaying.
- 3 workshops, with video support:
- Petzl GRIGRI
- Belaying a lead climber
- Belaying a climber on top rope
- Detailed lesson plans with examples of practical workshops.
- Presentation of a short film outlining the risks associated with poor belaying.
- Explanation of how to re organise the videos and workshops for specific user groups (e.g. 40 minutes for the Petzl GRIGRI version only or 1.5 hours for the full version).
- Climbing and mountaineering clubs
- Professionals teaching and instructing climbing and mountaineering
- Climbing wall staff
- Petzl Technical Partners
- To participate in this module, the applicant must already be teaching, with a genuine experience of delivering instruction within the field of climbing and mountaineering.
Learning support and certification
- Technical documents
- Certificate of attendance
Place: Petzl Technical Institutes
Duration: half a day (3.5 hours)