The 8th edition of the Ultra Trail Mont-Blanc will take place from August 24th to 29th 2010. This mythical race follows the famous hiking path that goes round the Mont-Blanc, called “Tour du Mont-Blanc”. With 166 km and 9400 meters in difference of altitude, the race will include running at night once or twice.
Petzl accompanies the runners thanks to its several events and assistance stands:
- Conference “running at night!”
On Thursday August 26th from 5.30 to 6.30 p.m.
Different subjects concerning the topic of running at night and the importance of lighting will be commented by very complementary speakers:
- Paul Petzl for the history of headlamps and Boris Bouffay (Lamp Manager at Petzl’s R&D department) for technical lighting.
- The runners Sébastien Chaigneau and Karine Herry will talk about their experience and advise us about training.
- A doctor will talk about the medical dimension.
- Stand on the tradeshow
From Wednesday to Friday, come and discover our new lamps at this exhibition on lighting, and ask for personal advice.
- Lamp assistance
Whatever the lamp or battery problem, the runners will continue their race with light as Petzl will be present at 3 strategic points of the event:
- Chapieux (Friday evening),
- Champex (Friday and Saturday evening),
- Saint-Nicolas de Véroce (Saturday evening).
Petzl is involved in the organization of the race and is dedicated to environmental protection :
- This year, to avoid the installation generators at the passage points in altitude, the check points will be lit thanks to our ULTRA lamps and their rechargeable accumulators.
- To reduce the environmental impact of transport, Petzl has organized car pooling for all participants.
- As official supplier of The North Face Ultra Trail Mont-Blanc, Petzl equips the volunteers with headlamps.
More information :