The Vibram Natural Games will occur this year from June 25 to June 27 in Millau (Aveyron- France). A unique rendez-vous for all outdoor sport enthousiasts, it's all about sharing your passion, giving your best and having fun.
This year, the climbing side of the event changes : welcome to the Gravity Trip!
The Gravity Trip is a mix between climbing on natural rock and a bouldering competition on artificial structures.
On Friday all the climbers will gather at the Boffi Area where 2 Ultimate Routes will be waiting their first ascent. The Boffi area hosted three Petzl Roc Trips in the past and offers a wide variety of climbing at all levels (French 4 to 9). This area has the huge advantage of having multiple aspects, allowing climbers to choose between sun or shade depending on the weather. Shuttle buses will take climbers to the area in the morning (8:00 and 9:00) from Natural Games Village, and bring them back in the evening (6:00 and 7:00). The bouldering competition will be held on Saturday and Sunday and the walls will be shaded by giant sails.
A solid crew from the Petzl Team will be present : Daniel Dulac, Jérôme Meyer, Mickael Fuselier, Fabien Comina, Florence Pinet, Nina Caprez, Alizée Dufraisse and Enzo Oddo. The qualification round will be held between 9:00 and 1:00 on Saturday morning. Seventy boulder problems ranging from 4 to 8 are planned, which will allow everyone to participate and give their best and give some a chance to go to the semi-finals with the pros. An FFME or FFCAM sport licence is mandatory for participation, registration is open until June 23 on the Natural Games website.
GRAVITY TRIP 2010 Schedule
Friday, June 25
- 9h/18h: free climbing at the Boffi area.
Saturday, June 26
- 9h/13h: BOULDERING CONTEST QUALIFIERS
- 13h/14h30: results
- 16h/18h: SEMI FINAL WOMEN
- 19h30/21h30: SEMI FINAL MEN
Flash back on Petzl Roc Trip 2008
Slideshow: 2008 Edition
Other major things to see and do at the Natural Games
- DH Mountain BIke : a crazy track under the Millau bridge
- dirt tracks for high jumps and backflips!
- freestyle Kayak on the wave
- marathon canoe race open to everybody
- paragliding XC race and accrobatic demos
- slack line village and contest: the best way to train balance and concentration
- and of course this would not be the Natural Games without huge concerts and partys with the best DJ's.
More info on
- Video teaser of the event :