The North Face® Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc® : dreams in perspective for the 9th edition.Fri, 29/07/2011 - 14:07 — Petzl News
UTMB 2011 will take place from August 22 to 28. In this wonderfull landscape, a fascinating adventure awaits all runners and volonteers gathered around a unique passion.
Four different runs are planned:
- UTMB : the original king loop around Mt Blanc - August 26 to 28
After many months of intense training each runner is eager to take the start of the dreamed race around Europe's highest summit in two days.
- 166 km,
- 9 400 m of positive gain,
- 2300 runners maximum.
- CCC (Courmayeur - Champex - Chamonix) - August 26 to 27
The CCC® is not considered anymore as the "mini UTMB®" but a unique and prestigious race.
- 98 km,
- 5600 m positive gain,
- 1800 runners maximum.
- TDS (Tracks of Ducs of Savoie) - August 25 to 26
Discovering three regions around Mont Blanc, the runner will follow original historic trails loaded with history and mountain ambiance.
- 110 km,
- 7100 m positive gain,
- 1200 runners maximum.
- PTL (Petite Trotte à Léon) - August 22 to 28
An engaged non competitive ultra long team challenge in full autonomy. The "Grand tour of Mont Blanc" includes high passes often above 2500m.
- 300 km,
- 25 000 m positive gain,
- 80 teams maximum.
Petzl, official partner of the event since 2003, hand in hand with the runners
- Before the start, information and recommendations on hand free lighting on the Petzl booth in the Ultra Trail Tradeshow, August 24 to 26 2011.
- On the trails of the TDS, CCC, and UTMB, Petzl Head lamps assitance booth at check points of Les Chapieux, Champex and Les Contamines Montjoie, free spare batteries and headlamp repairs.
- During the races with Petzl news on the the website, facebook and twitter.
Petzl relies on several top level athletes for it's product development and testing, follow the tracks of Maud Gobert, Karine Herry, Vincent Dellebarre, Dawa Sherpa and Sébastien Chaigneau. In addition this year Petzl supports Montrail and Salomon trail running teams.
See you soon on the starting line
- about the race : UTMB website
- how to choose your headlamp
- about lamps adapted to the specific needs of "Ultra Running" :
Trail running races like UTMB, can last several nights in a row and require headlamps with maximum autonomy, power and reliability.