Ergonomic handled ascender
Handled rope clamp for rope ascents, the ASCENSION features an overmolded grip and ergonomic upper part for a comfortable and powerful grip when pulling with one or two hands. The ASCENSION handled rope clamp has a wide lower hole for easily attaching two carabiners for a lanyard and footloop.
- Designed for ascending a rope
- Simple to use, and effective:
- ergonomic molded handle allows a comfortable yet powerful grip
- wide opening allows the handle to be easily grasped, even with thick gloves.
- ergonomic upper part to maximize power when pulling with two hands
- safety catch is totally integrated into the body of the ascender to help prevent snagging
- toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimizes performance under any conditions (frozen or dirty ropes...)
- wide lower hole allows the carabiners of the CONNECT ADJUST lanyard and FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD footloop to be easily attached
- upper hole for clipping a carabiner around the rope
- Available in left-handed and right-handed versions
- Material(s): aluminum, stainless steel, plastic, rubber, nylon
- Weight: 165 Gram
- Rope compatibility: 8 to 13 mm
- Certification(s): CE EN 567, UIAA
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|
- • To read for self-belaying
- • General principles for solo climbing with a fixed belay rope
- • Setting up a self-belay system on two ropes with two ascenders
- • Installation on one single rope with two ascenders
- • Appendix 1: Petzl does not recommend using only one ascender for self-belaying.
- • Appendix 2: Detail of installation on two ropes with two ascenders
- • Appendix 3: Detail of installation on one rope with two ascenders
- • Appendix 4: Precautions and introduction to risk analysis
- • Appendix 5: Analysis of solutions observed in the field - Use of a single ascender with knots in the rope.
- • Appendix 6: Analysis of solutions observed in the field. Use of one ascender and clipping into knots on a second rope