Ergonomic handled ascender
Our handled ascenders have been improved to provide greater comfort, efficiency, and ease of use. Ergonomic handle is overmolded with bi-material rubber for more friction and a better grip. The handle is wider at the bottom, providing better comfort for your pinkie fingers during use. Index finger ergonomics have been enhanced for greater efficiency when pulling on the ascender. The angled teeth on the cam provide secure grip in the worst conditions (wet, icy, or muddy ropes...) and allow the device to slide easily up the rope. The geometry of the single-piece aluminum frame optimizes the handle's pull angle, for comfortable ascents of any length.
- Molded grip provides even greater comfort with a more ergonomically shaped handle. This shape keeps your hand from sliding to the bottom of the frame each time you pull on the ASCENSION. The overmolded bi-material rubber handle increases comfort and grip in wet or icy conditions.
- Chrome-plated steel cam with angled teeth and self-cleaning slot securely grips the rope, even in muddy or icy conditions
- Ergonomic safety catch allows one-handed installation and removal
- One-piece construction eliminates weak points, while making the ascender lightweight and durable for years of use
- The two attachment points allow for different uses: self-belaying, hauling systems...
- Anodized frames are color coded for easy identification (black -left/gray -right)
- Safety catch prevents the cam from opening too far, helping to keep the rope captured for added safety
- One-centimeter secondary hole accepts a quick link for attaching aiders, slings...
- Material(s) : aluminum frame, chrome-plated steel cam, rubber and plastic overmolded grip, nylon safety catch
- Weight : 195 g
- Rope compatibility : 8 to 13 mm
- Certification(s) : CE EN 567, UIAA
|Color(s)||black frame with orange handle||gray frame with orange handle|
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|
- • To read for self-belaying
- • General principles for solo climbing with a fixed belay rope
- • Setting up a self-belay system on two ropes with two ascenders
- • Installation on one single rope with two ascenders
- • Appendix 1: Petzl does not recommend using only one ascender for self-belaying.
- • Appendix 2: Detail of installation on two ropes with two ascenders
- • Appendix 3: Detail of installation on one rope with two ascenders
- • Appendix 4: Precautions and introduction to risk analysis
- • Appendix 5: Analysis of solutions observed in the field - Use of a single ascender with knots in the rope.
- • Appendix 6: Analysis of solutions observed in the field. Use of one ascender and clipping into knots on a second rope