The anti-error catch reduces the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the rope in the device. The moving side plate locks with a screw, allowing the I’D S to be integrated into rescue kits
The button on the multi-function handle facilitates smooth movement along inclined or horizontal terrain.
Self-braking descender with anti-panic function
Self-braking descender with anti-panic function, with multi-function handle that allows descent control, easier movement on inclined or horizontal terrain and positioning at the work station without the need to tie off the device. The anti-panic function only activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle. The I'D S descender has an anti-error catch to reduce the chance of an accident, and a gate that helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or inclined terrain, thanks to the button on the handle
- position himself at the work station without having to tie off the device
- Anti-panic function activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle: it brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope The shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide when ascending
- The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a progress-capture haul system, and for short rope ascents (by adding a FOOTAPE or FOOTCORD foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp)
- The moving side plate locks with a screw, allowing the I’D S to be integrated into rescue kits
- Lowers heavy loads up to 250 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
- Available in two colors: yellow and black
- Min. rope diameter: 10 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Weight: 530 g
- Certification(s): EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
|Guarantee||3 years||3 years|
Instructions spécifiques d utilisation
Montée - Accès
Test - Normes
- • Lowering a person with the I'D on the rescuer's harness
- • Pre-installed individual evacuation kit
- • Release and rescue of a co-worker using a rescue kit
- • Release and rescue of a co-worker suspended on a static support.
- • Release and rescue of a co-worker suspended on a long rope.
- • Accompanied descent rescue with the I'D
- • Drop loop haul on the I'D for urgent rescue
- • Litter hauling techniques