RECALL FOR INSPECTION of all SCORPIO via ferrata lanyards
Have you inspected your lanyard?
Following an accident caused by a lanyard with a production defect, on May 24 2011, Petzl launched a recall for inspection of all SCORPIO lanyards manufactured up to serial number 11137****.
The relevant product references are: L60, L60 CK, L60 2, L60 2CK, L60 H, L60 WL, K29VF 1, K29VF 2, K29VE 1, K29VE 2, K29V 1, K29V 2.
As of February 2013, 50 % of the 100,000 affected lanyards have been collected for inspection. To avoid accidents, Petzl wants to emphasize the importance of this recall.
If you own or know someone who owns a SCORPIO via ferrata lanyard that has not been inspected, please:
- immediately stop using it!
- contact the Petzl distributor in your country to have it inspected :
- in France: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0811 46 10 50
- in Switzerland: email@example.com
- in Belgium: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in Canada: email@example.com
- in Germany: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in Austria: email@example.com
- in Italy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in Spain: email@example.com
Other countries : please use the contact form