Lanyards actually sold in shops are not affected by this recall.
On May 24, 2011, Petzl launched a recall for inspection of all SCORPIO lanyards manufactured up to serial number 11137****.
The relevant product references are: L60, L60 CK, L60 2, L60 2CK, L60 H, L60 WL, K29VF 1, K29VF 2, K29VE 1, K29VE 2, K29V 1, K29V 2.
The via ferrata lanyards ZYPER and ZYPER VERTIGO are not concerned by this alert for inspection.
As of 10/01/2011, only 24% of the 100,000 affected lanyards have been collected for inspection. To avoid accidents, Petzl wants to emphasize the importance of this recall.
If you own or know someone who owns a SCORPIO via ferrata lanyard that has not been inspected, please:
- immediately stop using it!
- contact the Petzl distributor in your country to have it inspected :
- in France: firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 56 58 19 32
- in Switzerland: email@example.com
- in Belgium: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in Canada: email@example.com
- in Germany: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in Austria: email@example.com
- in Italy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in Spain: email@example.com
Other countries : please use the contact form
Has your lanyard been inspected?
The inspected lanyards are identified by a green sticker or a label reading "OK" or "CONFORME".